Whales-n-Sails Adventures - Grand Manan Island
New Brunswick, Canada
Online Reservations now available!! "BOOK NOW"
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1.What are your individual and family/group rates?
Adult - $65.00
Child - $45.00 (12 and under - must be accompanied be a supervising adult)
Groups of 10 or more - 10% off
Prices include complimentry coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
2. What is your season, days and hours of operation?
Dates - June 25 to September 18, 2013 - some tours are available before and after our regular season - check here for this season's plans.
Days - 7 days per week, weather permitting - Note that after September 8th we will be going 2 or 3 days per week.
Hours - 11:30am and *4:00pm (subject to change - call before you come!)
Length of tour - 4 to 5 hours
* the 4:00 pm trip is only if/when we have enough demand. We book our 11:30 trip first and then the 4:00 pm trip. NOTE - After the 3rd week of August we do not do a 4:00 pm trip due to the shorter period of daylight.
3. What are your office hours when staff is available to answer phones, make reservations, etc ... ?
Office open for telephone reservations 7:00am to 9:00pm daily, year round. Call - (888) 994-4044 The kiosk at the North Head Fishermens' Wharf is open 40 minutes before departure for information and ticket processing. Our staff at Sailors' Landing Restaurant are also available to answer questions.
4. What are the staff qualifications?
All staff - First Aid, CPR, Marine Emergency Duties
Captain - Canadian Coast Guard captains certifications as follows:
Fishing Master IV;
Limited Master, MSV "Elsie Menota".
Adventure Leadership Training.
Biologist - Laurie Murison, leading authority on the Bay of Fundy since 1982
Ships engineer - Limited Marine Engineer certificate.
5. Who is the key contact person and phone number?
Karen and/or Allan McDonald
(888) 994-4044 toll free
6. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: <www.whales-n-sails.com> or <www.whales.ca> or <www.4whales.com>
(Note: all of the above are to the same web site. Use whichever you find the easiest)
7. Do you have any restrictions? i.e., (age, health, weight, height, etc...)
Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
No pets please.
8. Is your activity wheelchair accessible?
Not wheelchair accessible, however, we have taken, and will take individuals in wheelchairs who are willing to allow us to assist them in boarding the vessel, etc.
9. Level of physical activity required?
10. Tell me about the ferry.
Passengers must travel to Grand Manan Island to participate in a whale watching tour with Whales-n-Sails Adventures. This is an interesting and exciting 90 minute ride on a modern car/passenger ferry leaving Blacks Harbour, NB every 2 hours from 7:30 am to 5:30pm and one at 9:00pm. Passengers wishing to take a vehicle on the ferry should arrive at least 45 minutes prior to departure and get in line (for information on reservations please visit the ferry service web site). Walk-on passengers should arrive at least 25 minutes prior to departure, park their vehicle (free parking - go through the gate and around to the parking area - the day-parking is to the left) and board the ferry. Tickets are not required for the passage to Grand Manan, however, you must purchase a ticket from the ferry terminal office on Grand Manan for the return trip to the mainland. Advance tickets are available and recommended for vehicles - call (506) 662-3724.
Whale watching from Grand Manan Island is a superior experience and is worth the extra effort that it takes to travel to the island. The adventure begins when you board the ferry! Dont settle for less!
11. How do we find out about the Ferry Schedule and Information?
Coastal Transport Ltd. (North Head) - Current Schedule (Bilingual) - 1 506 662-3724
On the web: www.coastaltransport.ca
12. When I get to Grand Manan Island how do I find you?
From the Grand Manan ferry landing at North Head, Grand Manan, go left on the main road (Rte 776) to the next left (North Head Fishermens Wharf Rd.). Our bright red ticket booth is at the top of the wharf to the right. Watch for our signs. This is a distance of about one city block and is less than a 5 minute walk from the ferry.
13. What should I do if I am just travelling to Grand Manan for the day to go whale watching?
People who are visiting Grand Manan just for the day to go whale watching are advised to leave their vehicles at Blacks Harbour (free parking) and walk on the ferry. There is a parking lot at the bottom of the hill to the left (go through the gate and around to the parking area - the day-parking is to the left). This will save you money and prevent unnecessary waiting in the car line for the ferry when leaving Grand Manan. Remember, we are less than a 5 minute walk left of the ferry.
Recommended ferry for day trip passengers:
- from Blacks Harbour - 9:30am (to participate in our 11:30am whale watching tour)
- return to Mainland - 5:30pm or 7:00pm ferry (arrive in Blacks Harbour at 7:00pm or 9:00pm)
There are several shops and restaurants* close to the ferry landing and Whales-n-Sails Adventures, and there is always the fishermen's wharf to explore, so there is plenty to do.
* May we recommend Sailors' Landing Restaurant and Gift Shop featuring local art - 1 Ferry Wharf Rd - right across from the ferry ticket office and terminal - Yes we own it. Good food, great atmosphere and convenient. Free Wi-Fi.
14. Parking availability/pickup locations/free of charge/paid parking?
Lots of free parking for all sizes of vehicles.
15. Do you require a reservation for your activity? Do you require a deposit for individuals or groups?
Reservations are recommended. We take drop-ins if space is available, but don't count on it - reservations are best.
Reservations are secured by credit card.
16. Do you offer a refund or exchange due to cancellation? What is your cancellation policy for individuals and groups?
Full refund if we cancel or if passenger (individuals) cancels 24 hours prior to departure. (Groups -72 hours.)
17. Who will be the contact person for the reservation confirmation? Phone number?
Karen McDonald or Allan McDonald - Phone (506) 662-1999 or toll free (888)994-4044
18. Describe meals/snack or refreshments included in package.
Complimentry coffee, tea or hot chocolate and we have lunches, pizza-by-the-slice, snacks and cold drinks for purchase.
19. How should we dress and what should we bring?
Dress warmly in layers (and I mean lots) - the Bay of Fundy is usually cool!
Bring cameras, extra batteries, binoculars, video cameras, field guides to the birds and animals, etc. We provide rain jackets when required.
20. Duration of adventure?
Tour is 4 to 5 hours long.
21. Do you require consumers to fill out a liability waiver?
22. What other activities do you offer aside from your regular Day Adventure activity?
We do birdwatching charters and around the island charters in late May and early June - $85.00/person for 6 hour or more tour - call for information and availability.
We also operate and highly recommend Sailors' Landing Restaurant and Gifts featuring local art - 1 Ferry Wharf Rd - right across from the ferry ticket office and terminal. Good food, great atmosphere and convenient. Free Wi-Fi.
23. What do you accept for payment?
Cash; Visa; Master Card; Interac; Cheque
24. What languages do you offer service in?
English, limited French
Online Reservations now available!! "BOOK NOW"
Call us toll free: (888) 994-4044 or email: email@example.com
General Information / Dates and Rates / Things You Should Know About / Past Season Reports / Birdwatching / About Grand Manan / Contact Us / Photo Page / Driving Directions / Map Page / Links to Travel Resources / To Start Page
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Whales-n-Sails Adventure Ltd.